pink noise to align loundspeakers

outsider

in a video post production studio, we need to set a 5.1 system,
we have logic pro that generate signal audio tests, what we neeed is a simple -18 and - 20 dbfs pink noise test, logic is a bit confusing about meter reading.

i remember that steinberg wavelab generates signal test at a absolute value wanted, i am not sure with logic how to obain that.
theres a more simple software freeware that just generate pink noise for mac?

i see on logic test oscillator setup come out a -20 i guess that both channel and stereo output have to be at 0db

Pink noise is okay, but it should be filtered to contain mostly midrange if you're using the noise to calibrate speaker levels in a 5.1 system. This is from my article All About SPL Meters:

All About SPL Meters said:
Pink noise is less irritating to listen to than white noise, and you can also play a pink noise test signal much louder without risk of damage to your tweeters. The Digital Video Essentials DVD that I mentioned earlier takes this one step further and filters the pink noise to contain only midrange frequencies. The bass response in most domestic-size rooms varies wildly with position - much more than in the midrange - so filtering the noise ensures more consistent and reliable readings when used for matching loudspeaker levels.

If your intent is to calibrate electrical signal levels, then you should use a 1 KHz sine wave.

--Ethan

thank you very much, can you suggest me a meter software, i want just to meter what come out from audio card, since my integrated metering on audio card software (maudio 1814) is quite ridicolous.

i download it, it's a dll, i guess i should install it in audio plugin folder in library and to use it on stereo out channel on LOGIC?
is there anything asstandalone software i can run to monito my audio card output?

I read carefully the Ethan's article on audio measurment and sound meters,
what I need is a simple immediate software that help me to make right correction in my editing studio, i installed and tryed REW ROOM EQ WIZARD,
i need a spectrum analizer, that read what happen in that room with a reference mic and a pink noise signal, generated from itself or from anyother software as logic or whatever, simple and immediate, i want to use it in live concert too.
Any suggestion ? i am mac based

Back