Pink Floyd - The Endless River

"David Gilmour's wife has revealed that Pink Floyd will release a new album this October"

Says it all, really... and LOL at The Guardian for using a pic from 1974 to run with the story...

As much as I loved them in their day, won't be rushing to get this collection of out takes.

It should be titled "The Endless Squeezing Of Every Last Dollar To Be Had From The Cutting Room Floor".

Haha, no lovin' for the Floyd here lol...

... only thing is ... I don't give a shit whether you like them or not, I asked if you have heard any of the tracks. Have any been leaked?

Haha, no lovin' for the Floyd here lol...

Plenty here, they were my first "favorite band". It's just that...uh...it's been about 43 years since they did anything I care about. I think they have a few albums from 20-25 years back that I haven't even heard yet.

That being said I might give this one a crack. From what I've read it's built on tracks from some Mason-Wright side project called 'The Big Spliff'. Wright was always my favorite member, and the fact that it was left to rot could mean 'no commercial potential'...which could mean good, but once Gilmour starts farting all over it I guess all bets are off.

Plenty here, they were my first "favorite band". It's just that...uh...it's been about 43 years since they did anything I care about. I think they have a few albums from 20-25 years back that I haven't even heard yet.

That being said I might give this one a crack. From what I've read it's built on tracks from some Mason-Wright side project called 'The Big Spliff'. Wright was always my favorite member, and the fact that it was left to rot could mean 'no commercial potential'...which could mean good, but once Gilmour starts farting all over it I guess all bets are off.

Exactly. It has potential to be really good. Well, I guess it could be really bad too but I highly doubt that. I have been trying to find out if anything has been leaked but all seems relatively quiet.

Exactly. It has potential to be really good. Well, I guess it could be really bad too but I highly doubt that. I have been trying to find out if anything has been leaked but all seems relatively quiet.

If it had potential to be good it would have been released 20 years ago.

Ya know...

I’m sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is some new Pink
Just gimme some new Pink

I’ve had enough of reading things from neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed knuckle heads
All I want is some Pink
Just gimme some Pink

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, Ramones loving son of Doogy Houser
gonna mother hubbard soft soap me with a mouthful of hate
It's not too late, to fathom what is great.

Music is not a competition and it is subjective..XYZ sucks and ABC is the best ...tap tap no tag backs is LAME.

I'll wait and see...I just know beneath all the success lies some bad ass genius musicians who are capable of creating noise that has the ability to blow all ages away...If they can tap into and release that genius...

It's their swan song...as a HUGE Pink Floyd Meddle and DSOTM fan I am hopeful they do it right and leave us with a amazing musical parting gift. Either way at least they are giving it go.

Ya know...

I’m sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is some new Pink
Just gimme some new Pink

I’ve had enough of reading things from neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed knuckle heads
All I want is some Pink
Just gimme some Pink

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, Ramones loving son of Doogy Houser
gonna mother hubbard soft soap me with a mouthful of hate
It's not too late, to fathom what is great.

Music is not a competition and it is subjective..XYZ sucks and ABC is the best ...tap tap no tag backs is LAME.

I'll wait and see...I just know beneath all the success lies some bad ass genius musicians who are capable of creating noise that has the ability to blow all ages away...If they can tap into and release that genius...

It's their swan song...as a HUGE Pink Floyd Meddle and DSOTM fan I am hopeful they do it right and leave us with a amazing musical parting gift. Either way at least they are giving it go.

Lol. Their boring ass tired hippie music notwithstanding, idiot burnout PF fans like you are more than reason enough to hate them. :laughings:

Back