pink floyd or led zepplin?? whos better??

They're bands who encompass slightly different spectrums of rock, in my opinion, and it's hard to compare. It really comes down to personal taste, I guess. Zep was more rockin', but Floyd pushed the envelope more. If you want to compare Gilmour and Page, that's one thing. But as far as the bands go, they're both awesome in my book. I mean, how can one compare Dark Side of the Moon with Led Zepplin IV? It's hard. And of course their live shows were different as well, with Zep being more of an intense, energetic stage production, and Floyd being more of a mellow, almost psychedelic band. Not quite apple and oranges, but almost.

MadAudio said:
Actually if you're talking visual spectrum, it's white that contains all colors.
And really, it's about reflection. Black reflects no colors, white reflects all. Black absorbs all colors, white absorbs none. One could say that an object that absorbs all colors actually contains them, while an object that reflects all colors actually contains no color at all. A red object, since it reflects only red light, could be said to actually contain all colors except red.

It's kind of a grey area :D .

I don't know what cranched is but it's a great word.

Both of these bands are kind of missing links, spanning the end of the marijuanicus era and the beginning of the cocainerous period. Their power faded as new species such as Eagles, Ratts, Scorpions, and Bunnymen rose to dominance.
Somewhere along the line evolution went wrong, and we now have Brittanicus Spearicles and Backstreet Boyasuarus roaming free!

All we know of these ancient days we have learned from fossil records, found and carefully excavated by caring paleomusicologists.

Zep rules!
So does Floyd.

Floyd
I just can't stand Robert Plants voice. I really want to like Led Zepplin but then tha dude starts schreeching.
Floyd went to a lot of cool places with thier music, not thier biggest fan but my group does a rendition of "Cymbaline" off of More.

"I don't know what cranched is but it's a great word."

To really know what it means, you need to read the short story "Scanners Live in Vain" by Cordwainer Smith. If you like good sci-fi, you will grok it.

Paleomusicologist! ROFL!

MadAudio said:
"I don't know what cranched is but it's a great word."

To really know what it means, you need to read the short story "Scanners Live in Vain" by Cordwainer Smith. If you like good sci-fi, you will grok it.

Thanks for the tip. I love sci-fi. Just finished a re-read of "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress" and am now revisiting Peter Hamilton's Reality Dysfunction series. Not as themey as Heinlein but rocking good.
Favorite sci-fi movie- "Galaxy Quest"

Purely opinion, but from my perspective, Zeppelin had far more consistently good albums than Floyd. Floyd had DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall. I can't listen to any other Floyd album all the way through. Zep OTOH, was damn near consistent from start to finish, with the exception of "Hats Off to Roy Harper" and Bob's worst vocal song ever, "In The Evening".

And you want to talk about annoying vocals, Roger Waters is horrid during the operatic fourth side of The Wall.

alpenglowRG11 said:
true true
so which ones black

Is this a very subtle vote for the Floyd?

'. . . btw, which one is Pink?'

If so, very cool. If not, never mind!

Back