BlindOwl..........

I enjoyed this immensely!
Just waiting for lead guitar...........
There it is.
Is this a collaboration Doug?
If so, is the guitar you?
A GOOD listen..............Thank you.

Dan

pretty cool but everything sounds very programmed and machine like,except for the guitar.. the guitar was nice except some low notes seem to get real loud.. the highhat sounds too on top.. annoying.. maybe some velocity adjustments would help.. good groove..

re: Picture This

I am the composer and the keyboard player. My partner in Third Level (Rob Denton) is the guitar player. I think we blend together very well in terms of style. What makes it fun is that regardless of the idea that I come up with, all I have to do is hum it, sing it, or play it on the keyboard and he's able to go with it on guitar.

More stuff, if you're interested is at www.broadjam.com/thirdlevel.

Thanks for the positive vibes.

Doug

BSabbath

"sounds very programmed and machine like"

Interesting comment. The keyboard's not programmed, but the bass was a keyboard bass.

The drums are from Groove Agent with significant editing. I will listen again to the various parts and adjust if necessary. Groove Agent allows a lot of flexibility in pan, velocity, instruments, etc. Unlike using straight samples, GA allows you to end up fairly realistic as long as you pay attention to detail.

Thanks for listening.

pretty cool, your partner plays like Santana. This probably isn't something I would sit down and listen to, but for a soundtrack or alikes, it's really groovy!

Al

This is pretty groovy man.
I would try to get some more bass tone in the rythym sample or wahtever it is.

Meeeeellow....:cool:

Toward the end the toms and/or kick get a bit loud on my system...needs a tweak IMO.

toms

10-4 on the toms. I heard that the last time I listened also. I'll bring down the velocity on those notes.

new mix

I took some of your ideas ad reworked the mix. See what you think now.

Fixes: Rhythm guitar work, ending, intro.

Still needs to be done: drum velocity issues.

Doug

Guitar sounds a bit tinny here. I'd fatten it up to match the fat keyboard sound. Nice keyboard work. I agree with the programmed sound comment. Almost Nintendo-like. No offense, 'cause it's a catchy tune, well recorded and well played. You just need some new samples or something. Also have to agree with the velocity comment. The lower toms come on a bit strong. The upper ones aren't bad.

Nice song. Keep it up.

Piltdown Man

Very nice. I like the groove. Good change in dynamics when the guitar pulls out and leaves the keys alone. Reminds me a lot of a band from the 70's called the Section. It was Danny Kortchmar and a bunch of other LA studio players. They did a lot of back up work together for the singer songwriter stars of the era and then played this sort of jazz/funk groove music for relaxation.

I like this groove a lot. It needs maybe a key change or somehting to give a bit more variation but its funky. You play rhodes very well. Most folks cram it too much, it wasnt made for that. Max Middleton was a great Rhodes player too that I listen too quite a bit. I think you could get a little better eq on the drumkit sound, maybe a little fatter on the toms and snare, for this piece. The highats are a little too strong and crispy on the top end.
If you let the envelope hang a little longer on the bass instead of cuttin off when the kick does, it would sound a bit more analog. Maybe smear a note or two almost off the beat occasionaly. I like the guitar stuff. could be a little rounder with more bottom. Toward the end of the piece the low end of the rhodes and the toms get a bit too strong. Very good groove.

Back