Picked up an ART Digital MPA II, Got discount

undrgrnd studio

Hey I asked Musicians Friend if they could give me a coupon or special discount etc. on a used MPA unit and they said no. So I asked if they had a club discount or anything like that and they said no. Then he says, well if you buy the new one instead I'll give you 15% off. Bamn! Went from $399 to $339. Just a heads up.

Nope. That was as cheap as I could get it anywhere. Nothing came close. Great deal, I'm psyched. I guess that makes up for buying an RNC for $150 than seeing it 4 hours later for $120. Ughh!

Now I looked over the page and it didn't specify but is the unit a B stock or refurbished?
Cause my experience with B&H is that they are usually on the higher end of the spectrum when it comes to purchasing gear.

:cool:

Yup, always a tough one to call when dealing with companies that publish one price and settle for giving out different prices when it comes down to hamn and hoggin. You never know what they'll call there bottom price line until you check with every other distributor to find the lowest one. If your green they'll take you for every penny they can.

It might be worth a call to MF and tell them you found a lower price at a reputable online dealer. They might refund the difference if you push enough.
Approach it like," Hey I thought you guys were giving me the best price, but someone showed me somewhere better and I can send you the link. I like buying from MF, but maybe in the future I might be looking elsewhere."

Bamn! Did that, and they refunded me the difference. Next time I'll be sure to check Google Shopping. I'm not used to doing that, I usually just use Amazon, ebay, MF, and then an open google search.

Guitar Satan also matches the lower price but you have to prove it by giving them the site that you found it on.But if you have the time to put into the search you can save maybe $20 or so.

I have never bought a thing from any brick and mortar music retailer without asking... "what can you do for me on this price?" And then never take their first offer...

When it comes to online... I find the best price, and order it. Generally no one will go significantly lower than that, and I'm not going to spend an hour on the phone to save $5.00

And skip the extended warranty (unless it's Behringer).

I thought if a Behringer broke you just tossed it, why get an extended warranty?
If you picked up a discontinued REV2496 when they were flying out the door (search this forum), and were concerned you might get one of the DOA units and be SOL because there were no more left... than at least you could get it repaired... And chances are your going to have a problem with a Behringer, at some point... statistically

It's the only time I've ever seen a valid reason for an extended warranty...

Extended warranty's are anything but a public service, they make money on it... many time's at a much better margin than retail sales. Keeps a lot of retailers in business...

Extended warranty's are anything but a public service, they make money on it... many time's at a much better margin than retail sales. Keeps a lot of retailers in business...

To say the least . . . margins on warranties are usually better than 90% :eek:

you think $20 dollars is bad, was about to buy an Alesis master control from MF for $899, for no real reason, i decided to google it, just ordered it from another site for $614, BAM

And the saga continues .....At some point there will be a retailer who will pay you to purchase a product, but that was just me in my rapid eye movement during my slumber.

is this a total tube pre? or can you select other settings such as transistor? or just a cleaner sound other than tube? sorry i am a noob on this but i like this unit. does it have eq and or compression? thx jw

There's no compressor on the MPA II. It's just a tube preamp, with a high pass filter knob, and an impedance knob. Yes you can turn of the 20db gain and use the preamp with basically no tube.

It does a great job for the price. Two channels too.

Back