Phonic Pres

OverlookFran

hey all,

ive been looking into these, mainly cos they look sweet and the price is sweeter. i figured they were junk. then Music Tech magazine did a review on them and said they were pretty decent. anyone have any experience with Phonic gear, mainly their pres?
there's one at the local sam ash that is cheap and calling my name.

thanks!

Phonic gear is COMPLETE garbage...... IMO, it's quite a few notches lower than Behringer (and that isn't saying much!)

Save your money and get something worthwhile......

hmm....guess Music Tech may have been being kind. thanks. its a shame how price really does more times than not tell the truth about how good gear is.

I own an 8 channel Phonic board which I use for my drum submix in gigging.

In a live application, the board works fine, has been dependable and is relatively quiet. I bought it cause it was very low cost and I simply don't want to expose a more expensive board to the smoke & spilled drinks in bars and the dust and rain at summer festivals.

I would not choose to use the Phonic as my main studio board (and I don't have to since I have a Mackie) but for live applications it does the job.

The Phonic appears to be a reverse engineer of the Behringer (which is a reverse engineer of the Mackie - so as Blue Bear suggests, I consider Phonic to be lower than Behringer in the gene pool.

Reggaesoldier said:
Are they worth it gidge?

They are pretty ugly, and it's Yamaha. They seem like they should be making motorcycles not guitars and mixers.
They sound MUCH better than Behringer's crap, and Phonic has a ways to go even contend with Behringer!

And FYI - Yamaha makes top-notch high-end digital consoles...........

Blue Bear Sound said:
They sound MUCH better than Behringer's crap, and Phonic has a ways to go even contend with Behringer!

And FYI - Yamaha makes top-notch high-end digital consoles...........
Really?!

Well shit, I guess I should give em' a better look:)
Thanks bluebear.

Back