Phasing/ vocals cutting in and out after bounce pt8 le PLEASE HELP

Luni

Hi I have a problem I have come across while mixing my tracks. Just to give some details of what im working with.
Windows 7/ pro tools 8 le/ presouns tube pre/ M box 2/ Cl Condenser mic/ JBL 3 series/ Waves/ Ozone 5

I only have this problem on 2 tracks. Its very hard to explain.
recording in 24 bit 44.1

bouncing mix to same format. but then I have to take the bounced wave and drag it into fl studio and bounce to mp3 16 bit 128
I did not purchase the mp3 function in pro tools.
My vocal chain is

Vocal rider
Desser
Fab filter pro q
R vox

then 3 aux stereo chanels using r verb/ h delay/ saturn and kramer tape on one bus

the file is attached below

Attachments

• 7) PUT IT ON MIX MP3.mp3
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
i don't really hear anything problematic what exactly is the problem at which moment does it occur?

kramer tape is a tape machine emulator designed to mimic all the characteristics and flaws of an actual tape machine. one of the causes of the problem may be that kramer tape is creating wow and flutter, and therefore when it's mixed back into the other signal paths it causes it to phase or flange. that's actually where flanging originated. the engineer would put his finger on the tape reel (or called tape flange) and allow the reel to speed up and slow down producing the sweeping sound that we know as flanging. also, kramer tape introduces tape delay, noise and other artifacts to the sound. u really have to look at the settings and know what it is that you are trying to achieve by using the plugin. it's not just a "it'll sound better because it's analog" type of situation. a basic understanding of how recording on tape and tape machines in general is important to understanding how to use it. also, you mentioned using 3 stereo aux tracks fed from the same bus. well, the kramer tape plugin is probably creating latency in which case when it’s blended back into the the other faders, it would be slightly out of phase.

mute the aux that has the kramer tape and bounce again and see what the result is. it will likely fix the problem. if you feel u must use kramer tape, put it on the main mix bus so that you aren’t mixing multiple faders together with different latencies. for the reverb and delay faders it’s ok to have some latency because they happen in response to the sounds, not at the same time. between the latency and the wow and flutter, u are setting yourself up for phasing issues.

let me know if this fixes it.

Back