Phase in and out.....

Lee123

I have a question about phase issues.
My main problamatic area is in the distorted guitar tracks.
I have one player recorded with two mics and panned mainly to the left, another player also recorded with two mics panned mainly to the right.
Now obviously in stereo this sounds great, but in mono....some guitar tone/volume is lost. I have zoomed into the wave forms to make sure that all the tracks are lined up (in time) as not to cause phase issues, but still the issue exists.
I also know (going by the wave form) that one track verses another is in opposite phase to another....is there some trick or sequence to the phasing to get around the volume issue I get when listening in mono???
Or do you think I'm stuck with it because of the way I recorded the tracks??

Thanks
Lee.

Playing with the eq on the different tracks might help this out some. Might. It's hard to tell without something to go by. Can you post an mp3 in the clinic, so that we can here what is going on? Maybe someone can help you out with it if we can here what's going on. I'd suggest posting it in both stereo and mono for a reference...

Lee123 said:
I also know (going by the wave form) that one track verses another is in opposite phase to another....

Can you explain that more? I thought you said they were phase aligned? Have you tried just flipping the phase on one of the tracks? you could also go to mono and start muting a track at a time to find the offending track and then sort it out.

Will

Back