Phase correction plugs?

Mountainmirrors

kaleidoscopic renegade
Hi -

I just finished recording some good tracks for a new song. The only challenge I have is a light phasing on certain parts...it actually sounds pretty cool, but I thing if the phasing was corrected, the punch would improve.

It happened between a doubled acoustic guitar part. Micing placement not perfect? I dunno. Both takes sound pisser. But together, there's a chorusing effect.

How can I fix this - with a plugin, etc., and how can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks!

Did you record the acoustic guitar with two mics? You can try inverting the phase of one of the tracks. Maybe try moving one of the tracks forward in time a slight amount. Other than that not much you can do.

Phase problems don't actually sound like a chorus or phaser. They just make the tracks sound very weak. You might actually have some routing/monitoring problems and are feeding the monitor track back into the recording. That can produce an obvious flange type sound.

Wait a min. Is 'pisser' good? But the two together isn't -they make a chorus effect? That would be expected on doubled-but not exactly the same parts.
Try panning them oppsite sides so they don't overlap?
Wayne

Thanks guys. Actually, it doesn't happen when I listen on my PC at all...but when I burned a disc, I heard it in my truck.
It's actually kind of cool. Definitely a psychedelic "underwater" feel at times... But I am curious about the whole thing. Thanks for your help!

Yep. Pisser=very good:-)

It could be that either your PC or your truck might have one of its speakers wired backwards.

This happens strangely often. I have one of those cheap test CD's that goes through a bunch of different sounds to test your setup ("now you should hear my voice on the left side", etc.)

The sound of out-of-phase speakers practically gives me a headache. Yeeccch.

how would you go about reversing the phase other than flipping the wires? Or is that how you do it? haha im an idiot, bare with me.

To change the phase of speakers (car/home whatever) you swap the wires around. I think a friend of mine had the same problem with his subs. Had 2 12"s in the boot and you cranked up the volume. Wow, look at those cones move - It's just the volume wasn't loud!

Back