phantom??

Spider

i remember before i could afford a mic that requires phantom , i use to hear a lot of things about when not to turn phantom on and off ... i dont remember exactly what these precautions were , but just as an example something like , never turn phantom power on or off with the gain of a condenser mike turned up... something like that anyway .. im always really careful anyway , by that i mean before turning the console on or off i ensure everything is turned down , so nothing recieves a sudden signal , like that dispersed when a pc boots up ... i know i probly am going way to far by doing this but im hoping that this will extend the life of my console and hopefully avoid all these terrible things i hear about behringer desks about noise, i often wonder if the noise was created through not looking after the desk ... well thats a bit harsh but u know what i mean?? I spose what im mainly refering to is what sort of damage can phantom power cause?? well any info would be appreciated... cheers all

I've never had any problems with phantom power damaging a mic. I've been unplugging/plugging in a few C1000's for years with phantom power on - no problem. I guess it could damage some older ribbon mic's. Or if the cable is wired incorrectly it could pose some problems.

If I had some really expensive condensers, I would probably take more precautions, for a week or so. :)

Back