phantom power

melonman

does the phantom power supply have a 1/4'' input?i think it does i want to know because i don't know if i can run 2 condenser mics from the supply and record the 2 signals directly to the 4-track. i thought all the inputs were XLR but im not sure :confused: :confused:

Um...what are you using to supply phantom power? That question makes no sense on its own.

melonman said:
does the phantom power supply have a 1/4'' input?i think it does i want to know because i don't know if i can run 2 condenser mics from the supply and record the 2 signals directly to the 4-track. i thought all the inputs were XLR but im not sure :confused: :confused:

Phantom power is only transmitted via an XLR cable. 1/4" won't work. And, no, a single phantom power supply will not typically work for more than one mic. If you need phantom power for more than one mic, get a small mixer, multichannel preamp, or multi-input phantom supply.

Last edited:
I'm guessing maybe the original poster said 'inputs' and meant 'outupts'. If you read it as "I'm wondering if (insert particular model of possibly multi-channel phantom power box here) has 1/4" outputs to connect to a 4-track," it suddenly makes a lot more sense... except for the fact that there isn't enough information given to answer it. What kind of phantom power unit are you asking about?

Back