Personal recorders

sk87

Ive been looking at the boss micro BR and i looks pretty good.

Ive got proper home studio stuff but im at uni at the moment and want somehing to record ideas done on (just guitar and vocals) and somehing handy to record open mic nights. This looks kinda ideal.

Basically, has anyone used this yet? and are there any competitors? (i've not found any yet)

ps: also i need it to be easily transferred onto computer withou much loss of quality(i.e the boss' sd card transfer is ideal)

Thanks in advance

I've tried my wife's Sony (she uses it to record meetings) for recording a few practice sessions. The built in mic leaves a lot to be desired, this may be a problem in most small personal recorders. I guess a lot depends on the quality of recording you are interested in getting. I think most small recorders are designed more for voice than for music.

Zoom has the H4 out, that has dual condenser mic's in a X/Y configuration, and has 4 channels/tracks, with effects like reverb, chorus, flanger, compressor, gate, limiter, and more built in... It also records at 24/96, and also dubs as a recording interface via USB also.

Mindset said:
Zoom has the H4 out, that has dual condenser mic's in a X/Y configuration, and has 4 channels/tracks, with effects like reverb, chorus, flanger, compressor, gate, limiter, and more built in... It also records at 24/96, and also dubs as a recording interface via USB also.

Yeah this looks pretty amazing considering its size!

Back