Perfect Monitor-Stand. Decouple my DA-BM-15 monitors. Vibrations and Resonances.

bluevoice

Hi there

One week ago I bought a couple of active powered Dynaudio BM-15 Monitors. I need them for Recording/Monitoring and as a hifi speaker. And I’d like to put my monitors not to much far from the floor/ground with the possibility to adjust the angle.

Now I try to find a way to as much as possible decouple and reduce that strong room acoustic effect of the lower frequencies that monitor often uses to cause (especially in acoustically difficult and small rooms like mine). It means to reduce vibrations / resonance and maybe even to increase the definition, fresh- and crispyness of the bass.

I decided to try everything else first before I buy other additional equipment such as EQs, Room-Correctors etc.

So the first thing I will do is putting a descent monitor stand together.

Idea (from the bottin to the top)
- An iron stand or rack, about 10 to 15 inches high, on this
- A concrete slab, three to four inches thick, on this
- A Stand which adjustable angle where the monitor finally is placed on

The third part, the stand holding the monitor, is my biggest concern. I found three possible models so far:

- Iso Acoustic L8R200 and
- Ultimate MS80 (actually a desktop stand)

Do one of them does it’s job better than the other? And:
Of course it would be nice if the angle could be changed without being taken from the stand.
I couldn’t find out, whether this is possible with the Iso Acoustic.
The Ultimate has a screw at it’s front to adjust the angle but I wonder whether this mechanism is strong enough to lift a monitor that weighs 18 kg without taking it from the stand. I’m a bit skeptical whether the Ultimate is generally big, solid and stable enough for the MB-15.

And finally the third model which claims to be a top end product, the Elevation Pro EVP-M1:

But with its 500€ or some 600$ it is extremely expensive.

So here my gathered concrete questions:
- What do you think about my plan for the stand-construction?
- What do you think/know about the three stands I mentioned?
- Is the Elevation pro actually so good or that better than the other stands with adjustable ankle that a difference is hearable?
- When I have a good stand: How much must the minimum of the distance from the floor/ground to the bottom of the Monitor be? Is 10 or 15 inches a to small distance?

Thank you and regards

urs bluevoice

Now I try to find a way to as much as possible decouple and reduce that strong room acoustic effect of the lower frequencies that monitor often uses to cause (especially in acoustically difficult and small rooms like mine). It means to reduce vibrations / resonance and maybe even to increase the definition, fresh- and crispyness of the bass.

I decided to try everything else first before I buy other additional equipment such as EQs, Room-Correctors etc.
Hi Bluevoice! Have you treated your room? If yes, how?

hi Seidy
thanks for your answer.
no, I havent treated my room at all.
I anyway decided, to pay more attention to the accoustic of my room.
but first I want to have a descent stand. It means
- coupling the monitor to a big mass
- decoupling that mass (from the floor)

as soon I got my stand you will hear from me again (it will take some time because I'm bloody busy at the moment)

regards
bluevoice

Do one of them does it’s job better than the other? And:
Of course it would be nice if the angle could be changed without being taken from the stand.
I couldn’t find out, whether this is possible with the Iso Acoustic.
The Ultimate has a screw at it’s front to adjust the angle but I wonder whether this mechanism is strong enough to lift a monitor that weighs 18 kg without taking it from the stand. I’m a bit skeptical whether the Ultimate is generally big, solid and stable enough for the MB-15.:guitar:

Hi there.

Finally I got my monitor stand system together.
Here a photo and
Thank you all for your help

Regards
Urs

Ständer komplett a.jpg

Back