percussion archive?

danw

cheap bastard
The weakest part of my recording setup has always been drums, the main issue being that I don't actually own a set of drums. The drum program I currently use basically just creates drum tracks as .wav files by cut-pasting a bunch of wave samples together in a pattern I specify. Maybe other programs work the same way; I don't know. The trouble I have is that I don't have a lot of decent wave samples of drums. The ones I recorded ages ago on tape and transferred via a standard soundcard sound relatively "real" but have somewhat poor sound quality. I've found some decent-quality ones online, but they tend to sound canned to me, like keyboard drums. Would anybody be interested in contributing to a free-access percussion archive? Would this be useful to anybody besides me? What I'm interested in is unprocessed samples of single hits on various drums and cymbals. I'm also interested in percussion of the more household variety, i.e. banging on washing machines and the like. I would be happy to post what I have already, I could probably host it on my site, and I'd be happy to give credit where it's due for each sample. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there; let me know if you're interested.

I have a few decent samples, but I don't own them; some came from MusicTech magazine and are royalty-free, some I just pinched from College and other places. There's some realistic ones and some effected ones, but I think they've all been processed. PM me or whatever if you're interested

Back