Peluso Mic Labs Modded MXL V76t...Free Shipping, no PP fees

illacov

Alright folks. I'm selling off my Peluso Mic Labs Modded MXL V76t.

It contains the following mods:

Peluso PK67 Capsule
NOS Mullard 12AT7
Peluso Transfomer
1000 pf 630V capacitor.
Grille Removal.

PICTURES:

https://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc85/illacov/mxlv76tcase.jpg

https://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc85/illacov/mullardtube.jpg

Here's the mic in action: Mic to Yamaha PM700 to dbx 263x to 163x to ART PRO VLA to EMU 0404. No further processing I did use a reflection filter and the proximity effect is stronger than without it.

Solo'd vocals:

And here it is in a full mix:

Its a great sounding mic, but I have to let it go to for financial reasons. The mic is in good shape, no blemishes to speak of, less than 20 hours of recording are on this mic.

Its very clean and clear, however the Mullard does help to add just that nice touch of color to the signal. Its not overly sibilant and doesn't sound harsh at all.

From my tests and vocal experiments with it, its great on guitar cab, aggressive vocals (think Hip Hop or Rage Against the Machine), voiceovers, overheads.

Kind of like a blend of that nice CK12 high end yet nice sexy mids and high mids.

It does sound good and I will miss it, its got an instant sound to it if you follow me.

I'm taking a sacrifice on shipping as well as Paypal fees.

Here's a breakdown of the prices on work that went into this mic.

PK67 Capsule, Transformer and installation at Peluso Mic Labs $475.
Mullard 12AT7 Tube $50
MXL V76T tube mic $150
I'm not going to fart about with how much the shipping costs were, just parts.

Total is $675 to get this mic put together as it is, BUT I'm selling it for:

It comes complete with the original metal case, IEC power cord, power supply, 30 ft long tube power supply cable ($30 but thrown in for free), mic and shockmount.

$600 with free shipping and no paypal fees to your door. UPS with a tracking number none of that USPS business.

Peace
Illumination

Last edited:
Back