Pedalboard?

Brohnis

Howdy

I'm just looking for some advice regarding pedal boards.

I sold all of my pedals about a year ago as I wasn't gigging and mainly producing.

Now I've the opportunity to play lots more and I'm reinvesting in pedals.

I'm curious as to what a good pedal board would be with the below chain:

Boss TU2 tuner
Voodoo lab Sparkle Drive
Digitech Whammy
Ernie Ball Jnr Volume Pedal
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon blueSky

Simple but effective set up!

I'm keen to have a simple, tidy and well powered board!

Many thanks in advance for the responses. You guys are always my first port of call for querying gear etc

Hi, Speaking as someone who still owns a floor full of individual pedals I can only offer the outcome of my own experience. I bought a Digitech RP1000 and no longer find the need for anything else aside from an original ancient but mint Dunlop Cry Baby which I hook up between guitar and the Digitech so I can have a massive amount of control over the tonality of the sound entering the Digitech from my guitar, or simply use it as a Wah-Wah pedal in the traditional way. The Digitech has a full size pedal integrated which manipulates the sounds on that unit but I still like the tonal options I have by making easy adjustments instantly using my old faithful Cry Baby.

Having said all that, I mostly play using the overdrive of an actual valve head and the Wah pedal, and really only make use of the Digitech unit if invited out to make some noise and don't know what I'm going to be playing along with. I tend to find that maybe ten user set sounds will cover anything I'm likely to need. I have my own kind of lead sounds that I've developed over time and tend to see them as much a part of my playing as my style of execution.

Regards

Tim

Your pedals are quite large. You're gonna need some room, and that usually means $$$$$$. I'd suggest looking used, or building your own. Or if you don't mind spending the dough, Pedal Train and SKB makes some decent stuff. Some of it powered, and some you can power yourself with a One-Spot.

Back