Pedalboard Planner

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
OK, finally got sick of gluing velcro to a plank of wood and onto the bottom of my pedals so I'm gonna get a proper pedalboard.

I'm interested in the pedaltrain metro 24. It seems to have the right balance of length/depth to fit stuff on while not being a pain in the arse to lug around with you and also isn't too expensive.
Pedaltrain Metro 24 Pedal board w/soft case 3 RAILS | Andertons

Now I've been on pedaltrain's PedalboardPlanner.com - Plan your Perfect Guitar Pedal Board! which is pretty cool. But I'm not sure that a wah wah will fit on the end of the board. Does it matter if it overhangs a bit? Will it still fit in the bag or case with a slightly overhanging wah wah?

Here's an image from pedalboardplanner:
24.PNG
I don't actually have 3 Big Muffs. They just don't have Mooer pedals on the planner but I figure they're about the same size as a big muff nano.

Maybe I just need a slightly bigger, better made, pedalboard. I basically used the first plank of wood I had to hand. Proper pedalboards do seem really expensive for what they are.

Maybe I just need a slightly bigger, better made, pedalboard. I basically used the first plank of wood I had to hand. Proper pedalboards do seem really expensive for what they are.

Good thing about a plank pedalboard - if you want bigger - or smaller- its a quick change. A little shop with aluminum forming/welding equipment would be good ... Proper pedalbaords are really about making the cabling look neat - and a 1/4" thick aluminum is lighter and takes less room than 3/4" wood.

Right, as you say, I'm not spending loads of cash on a way of keeping cables tidy.

So I spend an hour building a new pedal board.

image.jpg

Kind of dark pic, but nice light show! :D The other REAL importance of a pedalboard - quicker set up at gigs. Back in the early 80s no one had pedalboards. It used to take me longer than anyone but the keyboard player and drummer to hook up my stuff. I have no recollection of how I moved it all around either. Probably a milk crate.

Last edited:
Kind of dark pic, but nice light show! :D The other REAL importance of a pedalboard - quicker set up at gigs. Back in the early 80s no on ehad pedalboards. It used to take me longer than anyone but the keyboard player and drummer to hook up my stuff. I have no recollection of how I moved it all around either. Probably a milk crate.
My bassist uses more pedals than I do, and he unplugs the whole rig and sticks it in a duffle bag every time he's done playing. He doesn't actually remember how to plug it all back together, so he has to consult a picture he took on his phone every damn time. Drives me fucking nuts! I'm plugged in and rocking and he's still double checking. This is of course complicated by the fact that he has three seperate lines connected to the interface, and if those get swapped the whole mix is pretty fucked, but that is as often my fault as his.

Back