Peavey Triple X (XXX or whatever) schematics/picture of internals! Help!!! PLEASE!!!!

xtjdx

Okay, here's the embarassing deal. Awhile back, my XXX head met an unfortunate accident involving a Ford Explorer lodging it under its rear differential. Amazingly enough, it survived, tubes and all. However, it suffered damage predominantly to the front, bending the chassis as well as the front circuit board. A year or so later, I have decided to take it apart, fix the potentiometers that were broken in the process, straighten/replace the chassis, the whole 9 yards. So in my impatience, I ripped all the guts out and realized that I don't have schematics and didn't take a picture before I started. So, here's what I'm asking:
If you have a Triple X head and would feel kind enough to take a fairly detailed picture of the internals (so I can see which wires go where), I would be the most appreciative person in the whole wide world and probably buy you an ice cream or two. Or, if you can find a schematic detailing cable positions, the same applies. Ice cream, or two. I know, it's embarassing, should have had the foresight for at least a picture or two, but I suck at pretty much everything. Oh well. Thanks in advance!!

Tim

Edit: Oh yeah, and I have googled a bit on this and haven't found anything that would help so far. I will continue to do so though. Thanks again in advance!

Edit2: Also, any suggestions on bending the chassis back in place would be appreciated. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:
hey dude, I'll try to help you out if I can. This sounds like the kind of crisis only I'd find myself in. I feel for ya.

Only problem is it'll take some time before I see my amp and have time to open it up. Hang in there, I'll see what I can do if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I'm going to call Peavey today to see if a) one of their reps would be cool enough to guide me through the rewiring or b) they would send me the schematics + the pots I need. You will not need to open up your head! Thank you for considering though!

Back