Peavey Drums

CJ

I am on the market of getting me a new drum set but i would like to kwon what you guys think about the RadialPro 751 Series.

CJ said:
I am on the market of getting me a new drum set but i would like to kwon what you guys think about the RadialPro 751 Series.

Well,

Alot of people think the Peavey Drums are pieces of crap.
I personally thought that they sounded killer-and in a Mic'd situation, they had sustain for days man-but I don't know how well they would handle in real life Day to day situations.
If they are anything like their Amps-they would be able to take almost unlimited abuse...
The problem is that you're not going to find too many people who were willing to put the cash into them; It's still a new product, and a different design, and alot of people simply aren't going to risk a thousand or more dollars.

See if you can find somebody in your area that has some, and ask them how they like them and all that-and see if you can try them out to see what they sound like.
Hell, most Drummers love to talk shop!

Tim [/QUOTE]

I have not heard any Peavey drums in real life but I've read quite a bit about them. Normally a drum shell has many things going into it like lugs, vent holes, mounting hardware, etc. These things are said to hamper the natural resonance of the shell - therefore the sound of the drum.

Peavey has somewhat omitted this problem by putting the all the hardware on a seperate piece which surrounds the inner "free" shell. The result is lot's of resonance and a nice tone.

But ofcourse the whole drum looks a bit weird and sort of weak. And people are not very into buying something which looks a bit different than what a drum is supposed to look like.

I think the drummers from Eve6 and Grand Funk Railroad play Peavey drums. So, there is nothing really wrong with the sound of it, just personal preferance. I would definately play on one if I planned to purchase it though.

I'm no fan of Peavey drums (I really like DW and Trick) but the drummer from NEVE (www.neve.com) gets a great sound with them...and the guitar player plays Peavey guitars and amps (of which I am also NOT a fan)...these guys do a great job of getting good sound from them...so Who knows?

I noticed that in the November issue of Mix magazine there was a set of Peavey drums in this killer studio in Memphis, owned by Norbert Putnam (Joan Baez, Jimmy Buffet, Dan Fogelburg). Its a good article, but nothing about the drums.

Pete

Back