Peavey Blazer 158 - comments please?

stodge

What are your opinions on the Peavey Blazer 158 as a small practice amp for home use? I only have a limited budget of CAN$200 inclusive of tax, and the Blazer fits nicely. I have a Washburn MG-34 electric guitar (somewhat battered after a cross Atlantic plane ride), and an effects pedal (can't remember the name). I also have an MD8 which will get hooked up, once the disc door is fixed. So I plan on only using the amp for practicing in my basement. How good is the amp, is it well built, and does it sound good?

I think I already know the answer (good amp, perfect for my needs), but opinions and comments are always welcome.

Thanks

Peavey is just one of the best amps, period. Built like tanks -- and built in America. If you shop on ebay, you can find some really good Peavey's at a great price.

A local shop is selling a Marshall MG 15CDR for roughly the same price. Are the two comparable, or is one better than the other? I think I'm leaning towards the Peavey, unless someone tells me the Marshall is a lot better.

Thanks again.

Back