Peavey 808M

ax1lla

Mackie 808M

Hello all,

I bought Mackie 808M powered mixer years ago. We never used it much, but lately I have been using it again (in a new band). For some reason, the monitors (amp) will just not work consistently.

The next day i will plug it in and suddenly they are working again. I can't really seem to find a pattern. Anyway, it's not the speakers and it's not the cables as i have already tried experimenting with that. It is the actual monitor out from the powered mixer. Meaning, i can switch the cables coming from the back of the mixer and use my monitor speakers as the mains and vice versa.... and the other set of speakers suddenly doesn't work. so, i feel confident it has something to do with the monitor amp of the powered mixer.

So, what could this be? does this mean that my monitor amp is bad? Is that an easy fix? or is it possible that I'm pushing too much through it ( i doubt this). My mains are Peavey sp2. the monitors are 8 ohms (can't remember the make and model at the moment). The only thing I see in the manual is that I need to carry a 2 ohm or higher load. Which I am, right? any ideas on what to look at or how to get this fixed?

Thanks,

Corey

Last edited:
Since you said that the mixer is years old and not used much , my guess is that the jacks are dirty/corroded. Get some contact cleaner like Deoxit D5 and spray the hell out of the jacks and work a cable in and out a bunch of times.

No, it doesn' fade in and out. And it's both speakers or none. Is it possible to be a fuse? I would think it's not because if the fuse was blown, it would NEVER work right?

Back