Pearl Export Selects?

scottr

Hey anyone have the export selects (fusion)? What do you think? I have an old set of exports, but I think I'm gonna get some of the new export selects for the bigger kick, smaller toms, better finish, and better mounting. You guys think its worth it?

Scott

definately!! go for it dude. dont think you will notice a VAST inprovement on the sound, but it is nice to have a really cool finish.

If your older kit has standard size toms (12', 13" # 16") you may like the fusion sizes - most drummers find the 10" to 12" range is easier to tune. You will also like the suspension mounting - with helps the resonance of the drums.

Not know what your kit is like and your tuning skills, it's hard to guess if the difference in sound will be "worth it" - but a new axe is almost always a source of inspiration.

However, I would suggest you also look at the Yamaha Stage Custom - it is in the same price range as the Exports, and I personnaly think the drums are slightly better sounding and the mounting hardware is better.

But, if you're a Pearl fan - cool, they are also decent drums.

I ended up getting the export select fusion kit in Autumn fade.. this finish is sweet. The sizes are 22" kick, toms are 10, 12, 14, snare is 14x5.5. I love the kit, it IS a vast improvement over the old exports. The suspension mounting is a hundred times better than the old style of mounting on the exports, and the smaller sizes are much better suited to my style of playing. BTW, I did check out the Yamaha Stage Customs and I like the sound of the export selects a lot better, plus I've had good experience regarding durability of pearl products in the past (although their hardware generally sucks)

Scott

Back