Peace Of Mind

Track Rat

Just Your Average Sized Member
What a long story. My VERY long time best friend and drummer/bandmate passed away a few months back. I had setup a decent recording kit in his house and we had been recording there for years. His widow asked me to keep going in her home to honor Dave. How could I say no. So I have assembled some competent musicians and I think we'll continue to make noise.

Reactions: RFR
What a long story. My VERY long time best friend and drummer/bandmate passed away a few months back. I had setup a decent recording kit in his house and we had been recording there for years. His widow asked me to keep going in her home to honor Dave. How could I say no. So I have assembled some competent musicians and I think we'll continue to make noise.

Gotta keep on making noise! :-)
It’s in our blood. In the very fabric of our DNA.

Sorry about your friend. Unfortunately we're getting to that age. We lost our lead guitar player a year of so ago. A bit of an odd duck, but a quite tasty player. Condolences.

Moving on: Vocals and harmony in this are great! Is this an original? Nice song.

Bass seems a bit muddy to me. Maybe a smidge loud too. I think it could be lowered a tad if it were cleaner and still ring through the mix.

Nice guitar lead, but hard for me to tell if there's any guitar in the rest of song. Anyway, as usual, very nice work.

Great Version of a old Rare Bird Song - I was expecting a Boston cover.

Very good singing and vocal sound. The low end is a bit murky, and the mix sounds a bit mono.
Maybe you were going for a mono mix, some people like that, but you have lots of instruments to pan a
bit wider, should you choose to. Pop at 1:11 on the snare, not sure whats going on there. 2:23 as well. Almost
sounds like clipping or a second snare track. The drums sound really good overall.

Sorry about your friend.

EL

I like the keyboard sound. I like the vocal sound. Very nice harmonies.

Kick sounds great. So do the cymbals. The snare could be just a db or two louder. Maybe a little more 6k-7k on it too?

To me the bass is a little muddy. Maybe a notch cut around 300-350hz. Maybe turn it down a db or so as well.

Nice sounding lead guitar.

Very good singing and vocal sound. The low end is a bit murky, and the mix sounds a bit mono.
Yup.
Maybe you were going for a mono mix, some people like that, but you have lots of instruments to pan a
bit wider, should you choose to.
Yup. I figured it out, for me anyway. I was starting to abandon panning as a big deal. Mostly it didn't get heard in playback, I figured. But I post my stuff on sites like this one for people like me to listen to on their rigs. I ask them what they think about the tune. So I think I need to pay more attention to panning for the people who actually have the equipment to hear a stereo mix on.

Really like the warm keyboard/organ sound, vocals/backing vocals sound great! Bass guitar playing some very nice lines, and guitar sounds great when it comes in on Peace of Mind part...nice solo also. Not familiar with the original, but enjoyed this, nice job!

Sorry to hear that bro :(

I REALLY appreciate all comments. Totally valid and spot on. We're not recording "on purpose" yet. Not that I ain't tryin. We're about three Sundays in so far and we're still getting introduced. So far just jamming. Now that it seems we're gelling, we'll do something "on purpose".

Back