PCI slot question

Jon X

Ok, here's a motherboard picture...
http://www.montagar.com/~patj/ph00d9i2.htm

...the biggest image I could find without doing too much looking around. It's a DEC board with an Alpha cpu, but it will serve the purpose. See that white slot about midway down right under the big card that's sticking out? That's a PCI slot. If it doesn't look like that, then it's probably not a standard PCI slot.

Reason I asked about it being a Performa is that Apple didn't sell the Powermac 6200 here in the US, it was sold in Asia only. They replaced it with the Performa 6200 everywhere else. That VCR sized machine is what I was thinking of. Nice that it doesn't take up desk space and is easy to carry, but not good if you ever plan to expand it.

I have an old POWERMAC 6200CD, this guys is selling a Digidesign card, Audiomedia 3 with Pro-Tools LE5, now I've opened up the back
and looked at the slots ( I think) pssssst
I never had to look at that before ) anyway there are (4) chips inserted into the CPU
though there is one open

(It's a long straight line with tiney holes within it) could this be the slot I am to be looking for --- if so, all I do is pop that card in and I have PRO-TOOLS ??

Is that the little box that's smaller that a normal desktop case? It's like from the mid 90s right? I think I know the model you are talking about. I don't think the 6200 had any PCI slots, as it wasn't exactly designed for expandability. BTW, is it a Powermac 6200 or a Performa 6200? Anyway, even if that is a PCI slot I don't think that computer could really handle doing much of anything with ProTools LE. I could be thinking of the wrong model though, so you might want to research it more before giving up on it.

Jon X: It's the POWERMAC 6200, not the PEFORMA. It's like the size of a VCR ya know, I just dont know what a PCI SLOT looks like, I've seen the cards, I have the understanding of how to install them but just wanted to clarify exactly what the PCI SLOT looks like, everything else I understand

Back