PC Software (The best home studio package)

thugpassion

I'm a singer that wants to make my own beats for the songs I write. What is the best software available for my PC that costs no more than $175(Canadian funds), and is like a recording "studio" for my PC?

P.S.
I heard about this software called Montego Quadzilla. It comes with a sound card. Is it any good? Tell me your best pick(s).

I dont know bout that Quadzilla thing, but for PC there is: Cubase VST that seems to be a universal software that you can use.

Always plug-ins for this system.

If you really can't afford the higher end stuff there is always a way to get it. I realize this may be a controversial topic but everything you need is "out there". If you have moral objections or want a manual with your software there are other options ;P

I've heard n-tracks is pretty decent, also you may want to check out a package called Magix Music Studio. It is kind of like the poor man's Cakewalk. I don't personally care for the interface but it gets the job done and comes with a midi sequencer.

valgrim

n track is good.. and as i posted in another post to you , acid music is only 99 bucks american and it will do what you need.. i dunno how much that is in canadian bucks though.

- eddie -

If you just want to program beats ie you don't want to record digital audio, then you just need a midi sequencer. You can get these for nothing on shareware. N-Track will _not_ do midi (as far as i know)but is good for multitracking digital audio.

Alternatively, I have two pieces of software which I don't actually use anymore (Cakewalk Express and Cubasis Lite (or something), which you can have for a few quid plus P&P.

They both do midi, and the Cubase thingy may also do some audio (not sure).

Yours,

Matt

Back