PC Recording Software Recommendations?

Fangar

Hey Fellas,

I was wondering if there were any recommendations and/or preferences for the most liked PC software for editing from the ADAT. I have an Alesis Adat setup with PCR card but am not happy with the Alesis EDIT software any longer. I have heard a bit about Cakewalk and Also Sonic Foundry Vegas etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Fangar

go with Nuendo. its pricy(800-1300) put you arn't gonna get a bentley for $1 are you... if not i'd look into Logic 5(high learning curve) Cubase vst32 5.1.....then maybe SonarXL.

I would go with with SONAR or SONAR XL, I have tried many but now I am returning to Cakewalk. In the past I used exclusively Home Studio, but then I tried others like Vegas, Logic (nice, but doesn't handle loops like Acid and a learning curve), Sampletude and others (maybe I should have stuck with one, but) none of them gave the easy learning curve and sound quality as Cakewalk. Vegas sometimes record good on my system and other times I get harsh sounds in my recording.
Sonar allow you to use DXi, looping, live audio and midi everything you need. I would recommend going to their website and download the Sonar Demo and try it (they have upgraded but not the demo), I tried to crash it to test my system. With the test I was able to record 10 tracks at once and running a total of 35 tracks (2 being loops), the program didn't have any drop outs. I encountered drop outs when I used 10 Reverbs and 3 Izotope plugins (CPU hungry) at this point I started experiencing drop outs. I corrected this by installing the plugins on the Aux Busses (A,B,C +)

Download the demo and try for yourself because no one can make the decision for you, something I have come to realize; people can only give you their opinion, you decide.

www.cakewalk.com

sonarXL isn't bad, but its no Logic or Nuendo. it is based around more homestudio...though i run a homestudio with Cubase and logic. most cakewalk products are easy though.when it comes down to it you can get ok quality out of sonar, you just make sure you have a nice sound card. though it is known that sonar maxes out CPU's very easy why ??i don't know

also looking

i'm new to pc recording and am also trying to decide which program to go with. i have only seen a demo of cubase vst 32 . a few people at the demo said they had used sonar, pro tools, logic , cubase vst 32 and said nuendo is king! i can't afford nuendo so i want to know what to go with.

i'm recording mostly rock and not alot of midi although i would like that option. i need really good sounding drum programs( or is a drum machine better) i want to be able to record up to 24+ tracks . i know cubase has tons of plug-ins is that the same with the others and does anyone know which program has the best quality sounding plug-ins and which program records at the highest rates?

alot of sales guys are tellin me to get didgidesign 001 and say it's the easiest to use! i'll just leave it up to you people.

Back