PC freezes-unfreezes, freezes-unfreezes once an hour after VSTi install...

RobinGoddard

Before I updated my main SSD hard drive, I wasn't sure what was causing this problem. But after switching it and reinstalling everything, I'm 95% sure it's this vst Organ instrument I'm using called Hauptwerk.

After installing Hauptwerk Basic and the Masterworks 3-31 Theater Organ, my PC does this freeze-unfreeze-freeze-unfreeze thing once every hour. It definitely affects the sound card when I'm listening to music. Sometimes after it does it, my sound card then makes weird noises, so I have to restart Winamp or other audio software. It does it five times lasting five seconds altogether. Then is back to normal until an hour later...

It occurs on the minute of the hour I boot up. So if I boot up at 9:17 am, it does it at 10:17, then 11:17 and so on...Seems like Hauptwerk is trying to hourly update something or is causing something else on my computer to update. I forum'd them and they said it has no auto-update functionality included and never connects to the Internet or does anything on a schedule. So seems like Hauptwerk gave Windows 7 64 something it doesn't like and clashes in some way once an hour.

Anyone have a problem with this with other VST instruments?

-Robin.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 (OEM)
Crucial 480GB SSD
ASRock Z77 Extreme 9
Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
16GB DDR3
NVidia GForce GTX 550 Ti
RME Babyface external sound interface
Reaper 4.581 DAW
Yamaha P140 digital piano

Back