pawning an amp

Cyrokk

Farce of Nature
I have a fairly old, but functional, Peavy TKO 150 watt bass amp. I'm considering pawning it. Anyone know how much I would get for it?

Would it at least get me some cheetos out of the vending machine?

Cy

i dont know where you live but the pawn shops around here probably wouldnt give more than 35 bucks fo it. i used to work at a local pawnshop where i live and they dont pay squat for anything. i would hang on to it if i were you before id let it go for that. do you plan on just getting a loan or selling it? good luck to you. god bless tim pate

well, I'd love to keep it.. it makes a decent stand to stack my guitar amp onto when I am recording guitar.. but I have just enough money to get a pc for recording.. Great huh? Yeah well, money is about to get so tight that I will have absolute zero spending capacity for an indeterminate amount of time (the wife is quitting her job to stay at home with the kids).. In a crappy twist of irony, I will have a pc but no decent soundcard..

So, any little cash I can gather might help.. $35 is better than nothin...

Cy

Hey Cy,

Put that bugger on EBAY. There is a buyer for everything. Some trout somewhere is looking for that amp and will pay you for it. Just tell em shipping will be 17,000 cash of course.

Fangar

Save the pawn shop idea as a last resort, try an ad in the classifieds or sell it in a used instrument store. You should be able to get more for it someplace else. Good luck, Dani

Pawn shops have turned into "Used" re-retailers. They look up the retail for a piece if its in fair condition and mark it somwehere along along the lines of a B markup item. Thats 30 to 40% off retail, regardless of what they paid for it. They try to pay no more than 25% of the retail because thats the interest amount they charge on and about 50% of the resale. The three golden balls hanging outside the shops go way back into biblical times. They represent "odds are 2 to 1 you wont come back" .

put that bad boy on ebay, i might bid if i can scrounge up some cash. people can always sell anything on ebay, and the great thing is, someone wants to buy it....good luck

freak

expect to get seriously screwed by a pawn shop. some music shops aren't that bad about the money they give. i was quoted 80% on equipment at a place recently-that's workable, but not ideal. try to sell to an individual, perhaps someone on here?

Try a local independent instrument store, or the classifieds.

If they don't work, Ebay it up..and pity on the buyer to pay the shipping

Back