Paul McCartney had it good!!!

Ronan

I am in the middle of producing a record and we are almost done with basics. The bass player has a really nice american P bass. But the the bass players dad owns a left handed Hofner beattle bass serial#3 (guess who owns 1 and 2) we decided to use it on one song just for the groovy old school factor and it sounded amazing. It blew away the new precision!! Now we are going to have to go back and recut some of the tracks with the Hofner. the sound is huge. It sounds gigantic, but does not fight with the kick drum. i am blown away.

I own 4 bass guitars. My favorite is the 63 Hofner. I use it only for recording and band practice at my house. When I gig I use the P bass. The Hofner never leaves the house. I love the sound and feel of this bass. There is nothing like it.

Man, I thought this was gonna be a thread about groupie liaisons. I guess the account of the miracle bass will do for now....but spice it up next time...and throw in an anecdotal tale of wasted youth & casual sex.

Just a thought. :)

#3 Hofner

What king of strings are on the Hofner and were you going direct or mic on an amp, if amping what sort of amp. Very, very curious. Thanks

Back