Patchbay Poll

Echo Star uses patchbays.

Lets see, I have the console tape outs to ADAT's, ADAT's to console mix B returns (this is the tape return on a Ghost console), console to DAT, DAT to console, all the dynamic processors including the side chain curcuits, all the mic pre's, all the effect processors to line in's on the console, aux sends to effect processors.

Currently, but very slowly, I am wiring an XLR splitter that my custom audio snake will plug into. This splitter will make the snakes fan tail automatically hooked up to the consoles mic pre's, but will also give me patchbay options to go the the outboard mix pre's. This thing is a bitch to wire. Very time consuming, but it will give me much more flexibility in the end, beings that I am a remote rig, flexibility is a must.

Ed Rei
Echo Star Studio www.echostarstudio.com

I recently added a patchbay to my rack.
I use it to change connections from aux sends to effects units, (Reverb, delay
compressor etc.) It is much easier than fumbling around with cords in the back of the units...trying to read upside down...

Dom Franco

Gosh Dom, you can read? That must be a nice skill to have...... :) I just shove stuff in the holes until it works......LOL

Ed

I am currently (for the past two months) putting together a 432 point patchbay with 3 ADC 144 point bays and using Mogami for patching and line, Canare for mic, and Belden for speaker levels. Although it's not the popular thing to do, I am setting it up 100 percent de-normaled. For me, it's easier that way; there's no question on what is being routed to where because I have to route it every time. If I forget, I just have to look a the patchbay and it will show me.

Back