Patchbay Normalisation (no z because im english)

jimmyc

Hey there, I was recently given an old patchbay by a comapny called thatched cottage audio. It is a 2u 32 channel peice of gear, but it isnt normalised, I was just wondering is there a way to normalise it with some soldering or somethng? cheers

More than likely. I use Switchcraft long frame type which all connections and normaling, half normaling stuff is done by soldering three jumpers to the appropriate posts. Got pictures of this beast?

No unfortunatly. It would help, Ill try and sort some out. I think it is half normalising I want to achieve. I want to use it for my channel insert. Thanks jimmy

For it to function as an insert, you want fully normaled. If you have a VOM it shouldn't take too long to figure out how to do it.

A Volt/ Ohm Meter. If you had to ask, I guess it's a safe bet you don't have one. :D You would use one to trace the continuity through the thing to figure out how to do what you want to do.

Ahh
I do have one, In the Uk we call them multi-meters or simple ohm meters or volt meters. I spose I should have worked that out really! Sorry! I did an electronics module as part of my dgree and used them a fair bit. Once again Track Rat you have been most helpful, thankyou for your time.

Back