Patch snakes

SamIam89

I need to run 24 RCAm to 1/4"m lines (about 8-10ft)from my soundcards to the mixer. I'v been looking at 8 channel patch snakes such as Hosa, JV link, and Jade Audio; but they don't appear to be of high quality. Does anyone have experience with any of these or better or should I buy 24 better quality patch cables and zip tie them in bundles?

Thanks,
/rob/

Hosa will be fine, if you don't abuse them. Don't tell anyone here you bought them though, and I will deny posting this if asked. :)

This guy seems to make good stuff, he's definitely on my list for the future. I am going to buy a mic cable from him to see what they are like.

http://bayoucables.com/

For good-quality cheap snakes, EWI from audiopile is the way to go. I've got a good half-dozen. They don't seem to make an RCA one, though.

Hosa will be fine for the studio. It's not like you are touring with them. We use them where I teach....For what ever that's worth....Chanes are you will plug them in and leave them for quite some time. I look at Hosa like the "Acme" of audio cables.

Then again, what did Wile E. Coyote use :P

Lately I've been ordering some stuff from PulsarTech. They do a lot of business on eBay. Haven't had anything from them long enough to give a FULL report, but so far, so good.

Sorry, but Hosa is cheap whether you are moving them around or not. I have had many a bad Hosa channel over the years. Several of them were in snakes that had only ever been patched in once.

If you want a quote on better cables (also more expensive than Hosa) drop me a PM. There are a lot of companies making better cables and the prices can vary quite a bit:)

Back