patch bay set-ups for aardvark direct pro 24/96

gbvgbv

can anyone tell me how to set up the patch bay so that i can record a wav file from my hard drive into a track?

also, i want to record from my turntable onto tracks - should i run a cable from the phones jack on my stereo amplifier into one of the front inputs on the direct pro?

maybe these questions are just too basic, but i cant find much help in the (skimpy) manual, or on the aardvark web site.

yes the manual is skimpy

I own the direct pro 24/96 - I agree that the manual is surprisingly skimpy - I found a review on the Sound on Sound website which explains it much better.

To record a wave file you'd just "insert" it in whatever program you are using. To record your turntables I suggest going from the back of your amplifier (tape record) to 2 inputs in the direct pro. There are converters which convert a RCA cord(your stereo) to a 1/4 inch plug (direct pro). If you are going in to inputs 1 and 2 on the direct pro then click the "stereo" butoon on track one of the control panel.

Hopefullly aardvark will explain the patch bay more or show examples of uses. lD

thanx lD - that makes sense to me.

btw - what program do you use/like?

i downloaded a demo of acid pro 2.0 cuz the guy that built my system raved about it, but it doesnt appear to be multi-track. i also downloaded ntrack and i will be trying that tonite. finally, i've played around with samplitude that came with the direct pro.

my m.o. is to record live guitar/bass/piano/vocals, and to mix in sampled drums and "pieces" of wave files, music from cassette and turntables.

thanx again - i'll check out the sound to sound site too.

Back