Party @ Welcome To 1979 Studio (All Analog- Nashville)

cjmnash

Hey Kids-

It's "Welcome To 1979"s TWO YEAR anniversary next month- and we're throwing a killer party to celebrate! Can you say models, API 500 series gear & tons of vinyl records?? Sounds like a party to me!

Please check out the link to the pdf for details, you can follow the links provided for more info about the party - feel free to hit me up with any questions!

www.chrismara.com/promo/2YearParty1979.pdf

Hope you guys can make it!

Chris Mara
cym@mindspring.com
Www.welcometo1979.com

2YearParty1979.jpg

So, I've got to decide if this is SPAM or not. You're not directly trying to sell something, but definitely trying to get foot traffic into your studio.

Also, the more appropriate place would be the Marketing thread. But that's more for users to talk about their own music, cd releases, etc.

Help me out here a little.

So, I've got to decide if this is SPAM or not. You're not directly trying to sell something, but definitely trying to get foot traffic into your studio.

Also, the more appropriate place would be the Marketing thread. But that's more for users to talk about their own music, cd releases, etc.

Help me out here a little.

hey chili-

i certainly don't want to get a bad rep for spamming- i did look at the marketing forum as well, and came to the same conclusion you did. i felt since "welcome to 1979" is an all analog studio & that this is a genuine party invite (no sales pitches AT ALL during parties that i host) that it would fit here well. ultimately the decision is yours and i stand behind whatever you decide, but my true intention is to bring all us analog dudes together!

-chris mara
nashville, tn
www.welcometo1979.com

Hey, that's great for you guys. If I were near TN I'd probably drop in; maybe it's an excuse to finally visit Nashville.

As for the spam thing, I think since analog recording makes up such a small niche of home recording, the recording industry, and this general website, we ought to be afforded a small amount of leeway, so long as it's not abused.

-MD

Or 1993 in dog years:D....I know I'll be quiet.
I'll be going through Tenn. in the later part of May if all goes well I'll be sure to stop in.

:cool:

I've known Chris for a long time and if he says party it will be a party! Wish I could make it. Let me know when you're up my way again. Ken

thanks guys-

hey ken, i was just up there for a minute last week! didn't have a break in the action to call to check in. things good?

-chris

THIS Friday folks!

here's a list of 500 series modules that Blackbird Rentals will be bringing over for the Rowtique models to showcase:

1. API 550
2. API 560
3. API 312
4. API 512
5. APSI 569
6. APSI 662
7. Lachapell 583s
8. Electrodyne 501
9. Electrodyne 511
10. Avedis E27
11. Shadow Hills Mono Gama
12. Ericson Montessi Red
13. A Designs Audio P1
14. API 525
15. Empirical Labs EL-DS
16. Ericson Montessi EM-PEQ
17. Pete's Place BAC-500

Also - we'll be giving away a day of studio time to the person who makes the closest guess to the number of vinyl records on the shelf!

hope to see you there-

Chris Mara
www.welcometo1979.com

thanks for asking! the console is a fully restored 1978 MCI 428A, and i use an MCI JH24 2" 24 track (with 16 track & 1" 8 track heads available) along with several MCI 1/4" mixdown decks (also used for tape delay) and a Ampex ATR800 1/4" machine as well.

here's a link to the complete equipment list:

http://www.chrismara.com/promo/1979EquipmentMenu.pdf

( i did just get a MCI 1" 8 track and a bunch of amps & mics that aren't on the list yet...)

thanks again-

Chris Mara
www.welcometo1979.com

Back