Parts needed for a Teac A-3300S

krhall

Hi

I just got my teac A-3300S and there are a few problems

1st the right hand reel table has has the spindle smashed off (possibly done in postage).

2nd inside the machine there are 6 wires that have been bypassed and on the trailer arm of the left hand reel spindle there are 2 empty screw holes on the inside.

3rd i power on the machine press play and all i here is a quiet click and nothing else. none of the reel motors power up and none of the servo's engage.

what i really need is a service manual so i can look more closely at what i'm dealing with here. when i first looked at it i was thinking of dumping it.
as i thought the machine was ruined.

ok so here's the parts i need

1 X reel turntable + spindle and locking mechanism
1 X pair of base feet (on the bottom of machine)
1 X replacement pinch roller

If anyone knows any retailers in uk where i can obtain parts please let me know

Also if anyone can help me locate a user and service manual for this model that would be even better.

Keith

krhall said:
Hi, I just got my teac A-3300S and there are a few problems..

ok so here's the parts i need

TEAC's UK parts deal is here: www.chsinteractive.co.uk

-> OEM replacement part finder -> Consumer Electronics -> TEAC -> A3300S

..unfortunately they only do the pinch roller. You might be able to get a 388 Reel table, and maybe adapt it, though.

Thanks for that but i have finally decided to dump the machine as it will not be cost effective to perform any repairs due to it's condition.
So i am just going to dump it and look for another machine and stay away from teac machines. I think i will go For either a Revox or Otari machine, maybe even tascam if the opertunity arrises.

Keith

Yeah, i just bought an a3440s off of ebay, in "full working condition"... turned out 2 of 4 tracks pretty much didn't work, then it started mangling tape, making odd noises...

I can't wait for my tascam 38.

Trust me after my experiance with this teac machine, i wont be bidding on any teac machines period. I think i will stick to Fostex, Otari, Tascam, Akai, studer, etc

Keith

Last edited:
Bloomboy are you scrapping your teac ??

If so i could really do with some parts to fix this machine as it is the only machine i have that will take the 10.5" reels i have.
And i have found it an absolute nightmare getting hold of a machine to take high capacity reels.

Keith

Parts needed for Teac A-3300S reel to reel tape recorder

If anyone has any links or knows of any retailers where i can order parts from please let me know as i am still looking for parts and still have had little luck in finding any.

1 X Auto stop control unit (for right reel tension arm)

If anyone knows where i can find any of the parts listed above, please let me know.

Keith

Back