Panning question

Eric V

Inquiring mind wants to know
Two days ago I was panning mono tracks with no problem. The next time I went to work I noticed I couldn't pan any tracks at all. This is all in the same song. Is there some option I selected or deselected to make panning impossible? I tried taking FX off, to see if it got lost between two tracks or whatever. That didn't fix anything. Is there a default I can hit to reset panning for a track or tracks? I had panned a bass part just right of center to seperate things a bit, and now when I try that track or the drum track no amount of moving the sliders changes panning in my headphones. Everything in that song is stuck at dead center. When I pan now, I don't hear any panning changes. I have wracked my brain cell over this.

Here is a screenshot. I right-clicked and this is what showed up:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-16 023630.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-16 023630.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 12
I went into each individual track and tried changing to the "Stereo balance/mono pan" settings shown below.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-16 023216.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-16 023216.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Do you mean the pan knobs won't turn?
In the circled area, when I slid that fader left or right there is no change in the panning in the stereo field. Is it because it is a mono track? I'm a newb by the way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-16 233327.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-16 233327.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 5
If you just shift the slider in that panel, you won't hear any7 change until you hit 'apply' at the bottom of the panel. This is not the best place to adjust panning on a track.

You are better off using the pan knob on the track mixer controls. The panel is best for global settings that won't normally be changed. whereas the mixer is better for real time changes.

If you just shift the slider in that panel, you won't hear any7 change until you hit 'apply' at the bottom of the panel. This is not the best place to adjust panning on a track.

You are better off using the pan knob on the track mixer controls. The panel is best for global settings that won't normally be changed. whereas the mixer is better for real time changes.
I see, well thanks. I appreciate that tip Gecko.

Back