Panning guitars and their effects

saads

Baka
What would be the easiest way to pan a track on one side and it's effects on the other? I want to be able to pan a guitar on one side, and it's reverb on the other. One way would be to copy the wav file and paste it on another track, and add reverb to the second one. Another way would be to route the track to another track with reverb, but will that still allow the original, dry guitars to play?

What would be the easiest way to pan a track on one side and it's effects on the other? I want to be able to pan a guitar on one side, and it's reverb on the other. One way would be to copy the wav file and paste it on another track, and add reverb to the second one. Another way would be to route the track to another track with reverb, but will that still allow the original, dry guitars to play?

Set up a normal effects loop and pan the return opposite from the guitar.

I've done this but don't remember how I did it. I think I just set up a super wet reverb bus, sent the guitar there, and panned the reverb to one side and the dry guitar to the other.

I think you can route the guitar to another track, add the reverb, and pan the two tracks seperate. You'll have to make sure both still have their output going to the master. Set the reverb track to 100% wet, and adjust the fader to get the amount of reverb you want. That should work.

Basically, a super wet reverb bus on one side, and dry guitar on the other.

Reaper (4) has a send-to pan, so I would think you set up your Reverb bus, send the guitar to it, set it to 100% wet, and pan accordingly.

Back