panning and volume programming, some help?

guhlenn

Oh REALLY????
Hi there, I'm using sonar 3 (he...) and am wondering whether you guys could help me in a "check this and that and then do your homework" kinda way

Is it possible to draw volume changes and panning changes within a track? I guess this could be possible with MIDI, but so far I've only record audio. (i tried but damn, that MIDI sh*t is hard, and I'm also a guitarist so be kind please, kin of like teaching the retarded ;) ).

Don;t need very detailed info, but I tried using the Sonar help, but got discouraged along the way.

Yep, I AM a bit lazy, but also just very busy... ;) Much appreciated!

There's a page in Sonar 3's help file titled "Drawing Audio Envelopes in the Track View" in the index under "Envelopes". The technique applies to any envelope (volume, gain, panning, EQ, etc.).

if you right click within a track, there will be a drop-down menu...within this there is a dialog that says something like "add envelope". from here you can add envelopes to automate anything, including your plug-in parameters.

hope this helps...

That's called automation. If you look that up in the manual, you should find something. (I don't know how to do it in Sonar, I use Nuendo)

Back