Palm muting sound problem

Miravsky

Hi everyone. When I play palm mute and every note is leaved to sounding without mute there is a very anoing frequency like booming after each note.
I've checked it with eq and problem seems to be around 120Hz, when I cut in this area booming sound dissapear but this cut guitar sound too much and takes to much energy even
if I just cut a little db. Meybe You have some ideas how to get ridd of it without killing guitar tone. Below There is a guitar sample and image with my amp, cabinet and gate setting for L guitar and R guitar the same and eq for both.

Thanks a lot for help.

Last edited:
Its virtual guitar not real but Im preety sure that this problem can be fixed like with real guitar but I dont know how ;)

It's very obvious that it's not real. Doesn't even sound like a guitar. I think you should try a different preset on your virtual guitar rig or try another software. Or better yet, get yourself an amp :)

It's very obvious that it's not real. Doesn't even sound like a guitar. I think you should try a different preset on your virtual guitar rig or try another software. Or better yet, get yourself an amp :)

Where'd you hear it? Did he remove the link?

Back