PA Speakers and Amp Match up

reneveah

Ok, Im looking to DJ for events, and seeing how I have NEVER bough amp and speakers for this aplications before, Im stumped on the matching. I want to be able to have it loud, and I want people to feel the bass hits, very rich sound. What AMp Watts and speakers do you guy prefer? I knopw Peaveys are good, been looking atthose but just wanting some other advice. THANKS!

I used to own a mobile DJ service. A couple of words of advice, unless you are DJing at a club, people don't want it loud. If youare talking weddings and crap like that, they will ALWAYS tell you to turn it down. My advice would be to stay small. You will be glad in the end. Pick up some 12" speakers and a 400-600 watt power amp. Or pick up one of those combo deals from musicians friend. The last thing you want to do at the end of the night is break down a monster PA that never got turned up past 4 the whole night.

ok. Let me be more clear. Yes I will do wedding for justr plain DJing, but I am a trance music DJ who has been in clubs, but not set up my own stuff for indie gigs Im always asked about. I know what clubs use, but at the same time I know you do not need all that to create a good pumping sound.

Do you think the stuff karyoker linked to is too much, or too little? That would make a pretty decent little system, the tops will work fine for some things, and bring one or two subs if you need them.

Yorkville makes some pretty kickin' subs that are even smaller. And JBL makes a 10" Eon.

Back