own a roland BOSS BR1200 multitrack recorder with questions

johnnycake slim

Hi
I am starting a recording project and own a recording station..but I have never used it.
Does anybody here have experience with Boss multi tracks? Is the learning curve easier than computer software because I'm a complete novice?..can I combine the 2..( I like to see the audio files) I have hired an assistant and he is suggesting we record the dry tracks on the Boss and then download to his computer to add effects and mix....should i sell it and take the money and invest in computer software...??
thanks

Is the learning curve easier than computer software because I'm a complete novice?

Recording concepts are recording concepts, no matter what you're using.

I have hired an assistant and he is suggesting we record the dry tracks on the Boss and then download to his computer to add effects and mix....should i sell it and take the money and invest in computer software...??
You could do that, but if you're gonna end up dumping the tracks into the computer, I'd recommend just tracking them there too. If it's gonna be several tracks, you're going to get into trouble with trying to line all the .wavs up in the computer program, you'll get frustrated, and wish you had recorded it straight into the computer to begin with.

Back