output errors from CEP to Adaptec

flat5th

I am a complete novice using Cool Edit Pro. What I am trying to do is feed old analog live and studio tapes in and then do some re mixing. I save them as a wave file and then try to burn to a CD. My CD burning program (Adaptec) tells me there are output errors and won't burn the file.

Could someone please give me some guidance or what to look for to straighten this out.

wave problems

the problem might be that you are saving them as the wrong kind of .wav file :). You will notice when you go to save there are a couple different .wav files you can save it as. Theres a windows PCM which i believe is what you are supposed to use then theres another one that won't work right when you burn to cd. I made this mistake once and it would burn my songs to cd but only the first few seconds of it. This might be your problem. I believe it will also tell you if you're saving it in the "other" .wav format that you are saving to a lossy type of compressed file.

hope this helps

dlv

I don't think that that is the problem because I have been saving the files as pcm wave files. Any other ideas from anyone as to what could be causing these output errors??

One more thing to mention is your burnig CD software. My CD-RW only worked with NERO instead of Adaptec's. I bought it from friend o'mine, and he told me so. So I think there probably be a special firmware working with your CD-RW. BTW, what's exactly error message did you get ?

Back