Our First Collaboration (my wife and I)

your wife has a really nice voice. i can see what youre trying to do with the 'clicks' on the acoustic guitar (ie at the start, and occasionally throughout) but think they could be more 'musically percussive' rather than 'random hits of the guitar'
its a really nice song. lift the volume of your vocal harmony up a bit mate - it complements her voice nicely, but dont hide it 'down there in the mix somewhere'. bring it out so that it dont sound like someone singing in the background accidentally leaking onto the recording.
love the harmonics on the guitar bit!
how about putting in some harmonies in the second verse too? (ie, not just the choruses) and maybe bringing another acoustic in there later on with more 'lead' in it rather than strumming?
up to you really. its cool and definitely loads of potential, and nice, sweet song as it is. so you can tell your wife that youre both onto a winner in my opinion

cheers

Personally, I like the percussive acoustic playing - shades of Neil Young's 'Cowgirl in the Sand'.

Great harmonies in the chorus - would have liked to hear a backing bass and percussive track - purely subjective opinion though because it stands up nicely on it's own.

Very Cool song. I love the guitar. I wish my wife could sing like that. I dont think even Chris Harris could make her sound good. Man I cant get over the strumming in the beginning. Soo Cool. sounds like you guys had alot of fun doing this. Thats very cool. Well Done. The bridge fits great too. Great job.

Stoctony

Thank you so much! I'm pretty excited about re-recording this song, I'll hopefully have a completed version this evening. I'm gonna but some djembe, bass, and some electric guitfiddle in there as well,
Thanks again for listening,
Rafe

I like this very much. Small world - our singer is my fiance and she had similar experiences. Anyway, your singer has a lovely Nanci Griffith type voice, and there are some great lyrics. Not sure it needs much additional instrumentation.

(BTW bumping your own threads won't make you too popular round here, better to let things move on naturally.)

I love it!

I agree with brummygrit's advice. It's a very nice song and I'm a sucker for husband and wife stuff! :)

I'm not even into country music, I'm a Hip Hop head (not the stuff u hear on the radio) but I love music in general.

Back