Otari Replacement parts

EddieVergunst

I'm thrilled to say that I might get a deal on an Otari 8-track recorder. I don't know what model it is , but I'm assuming it's the MX5050, or has Otari made more 8-track models??
Anyway, I can get it for 200 Euros, which equals about 180 bucks I guess.
Pretty sweet, eh?
I'm checking it out first to see in what state it is. Anyway, what I was told by the seller is that the rubber on the rollers is missing.
What I wanted to know is, are Otari parts still available?

Rubber

I have been working on my otari mx 7300 8 track(1") and have been able to find most of the parts on the net. As far as rubber goes talk to this man he saved me about $100 on a pinch roller.--www.terrysrubberrollers.com

Hope it helps
Benjmn33

Good deal

I'd like to say "hi" to everybody on this board as this is my first post. It's a great board.

Hey Eddie--that sounds like an awesome deal. I myself just bought an Otari mx5050mkIII 8 track with a Tascam m-35 for 250 dollars. It powers up and runs and looks good and everything but I had to buy it "as is" from a guitar shop that didn't know anything about it. Even if it needs fixing, I figure it's a real steal. I'm picking it up Friday.

I was just wondering if you or anyone else knew where to get a copy of the manual for it. I'd say that's definately the part I need the most.

Also, have you heard anything about the inputs XLRs on the Otari being unbalanced? I know it sounds wierd, but I think I read something about it on this board.

Back