Otari 8 track

LMAO.............

Mixit, I've been watching that one too, but it's highly unlikely that I'll bother bidding on it. Actually, make that a definite "no bid".

The price on these things (at least on our side of the pond) is governed to a large degree by supply and demand......NOT what they are really worth. I was talking to a guy at the Otari distributors the other day and he has seen these things sell for as little as $500 Aust. The implication was that really, that is what they are worth. I priced a recording head for an Otari MX-55 2 track..........approx $500. If that 8 trk needs heads I hate to think what they will cost...........

:cool:

It's fine if;

A; You have won lotto

B; Tou have a working studio that can afford to support the maintenance and parts.

I lucked out on both so far.

:cool:

LOTTO? Hell, I wish.

Doesn't mean I won't pick up an analogue recorder if the right one comes along. I actually heard of an 8 track today that the owner doesn't use anymore because he could find anyone to service it properly in our area. Maybe if I'm lucky he will let it go cheaply.

Chris O :cool:

Ha, yeah....i just recording a song with a two track teac and two shure 58's at my bro's house just for reference sake.

One on guitar and one on drums.... god damn it sounds good!!
I swear the guitar sound exactly like queens of the stone age!! the only thing lacking is a nice cymbal sound.

Back