Oscilloscope question

samich17 said:
oh, i apologize...that wasn't the question i was talking about..

the question is

The distance a sound, as seen on an oscilliscope, varies from the center line is called its ________ and it relates to its __________.

thank you
We're playing post tag.:) I'm one behind you. Your "amplitude/volume" answer is right. Your "frequency" answer is wrong.

barefoot

samich17 said:
thanks guys...i don't believe i have to take exams with this apprenticeship, although i guess it is a good thing...

The actual distance a wave travels in a medium is called its __________. (wavelength)

The speed at which a wave travels through a medium is called its __________. (frequency)

Harmonics of various intensities within a sound wave determines __________. (timbre)

Due to the "un-flatness" of our ear, the best monitoring level for mixdown is _________. (85dB SPL)

Three types of interaction effects in our ear are:

a.___________ (Collection of sound pressure)
b.___________ (Conversion of sound pressure into mechanical vibrations by way of the hammer, anvil and stirrup)
c.____________ (Responding of hairs to different frequencies along the Cochlea which gives the sensation of hearing)

Our two ears and brain system use 3 ways to locate the direction of sound, what are they?

a.____________ (interaural intensity difference)
b.____________ (interaural arrival-time differences)
c.____________ (the effects of the Pinnae (ridges of outer ear))

These are some sample questions and my answers to them...please check them over and give opinions and other feedback...greatly appreciated

This is all nonsense!!If this is a apprenticeship your getting screwed.If you want a reliable, online program check out www.recordingeq.com. I attend classes there on campus and it's a professional studio,licensed by the state of michigan.The only way to receive any legal recording program certifications are to attend classes at a hands on professional recording studio/school.
Again,that apprenticeship is a scam............:mad: :mad:

Reply to O'Scope question

You are absolutely right. The distance from the center line is the amplitude, which translates
into volume. The louder, the higher the amplitude.

Hope this helps.

Back