original- Who'll Stop the rain- 2 parts

It reminded me of the rolling stones until it changes in the second half. I'd try and make the drums punch more in the second half and I'm struggling to hear the bass guitar... The ending is very reminiscent of steve vai.

Other than that tambourine being really bright, it sounded really good. Agree with the drums and bass bits from Ben.

Thought it was going to be cover but it was nice when it wasn't.

I agree with the tambourine...it's a bit oppressive in the mix.

I'm not overly fond of acoustic guitars panned out like that...but the tone is very nice on them.

The bass could be more defined....to isolate it more in the mix. It's ok...could be a tad more present.

I'm happy with the mix otherwise. You did a very good job on this. Performances are very good all around.

The acoustic guitar is nice. I feel like one of the strings is out of tune.

When the heavy guitars kick in and RAMI takes over the song (lol), the tone is nice and growly but it could be a bit brighter.

Lol. Rami, I gotta talk to this guy. I went listened to some of his stuff after you guys mentioned and there does seems to be similarities....maybe we should collaborate :)

Yes I agree with bass. It has been quite a challenge getting it more defined. I boosted the 2k around 5db and it only made a slight difference...more than that and it started to sound like crap.

And yes the steve vai ending is definitely an influence. Love his playing. Thanks again for listening!

I thought the vocal sound was good. Good singing - nice voices all around.

The doubling on the guitar is pretty loose in the first part. I'd either tighten them up, or go for two different parts.

Real good playing in the second part. Good lead work especially. But there are parts where it gets noticeably louder than the lead vocal.

The snare is kind of slappy and a bit weak. Cymbals are slightly abrasive. I'm having trouble hearing a kick.

HAHAHAHA! I caught this thread and the other one, and all I have to say is...What the fuck are you guys talking about???? :D

I think this is really good, but just lacking a bit of low-end. But I don't hear any muddiness. I don't hear the resemblance with my music, but I'll take it as a compliment because I think this is really good. I got no problem being compared with this. :cool:

HAHAHAHA! I caught this thread and the other one, and all I have to say is...What the fuck are you guys talking about???? :D

I think this is really good, but just lacking a bit of low-end. But I don't hear any muddiness. I don't hear the resemblance with my music, but I'll take it as a compliment because I think this is really good. I got no problem being compared with this. :cool:

I didn't think you would but that's how it always is, no? I would have believed that this was one of yours.

I'd change the song name so people don't skip it automatically thinking it's a Creedence cover! Agree with TripleM on the acoustic guitars in the first part of the song - retrack one playing differently (capo-ed, for example, or maybe a low string chug) When everything goes electric the drums are too reverby for me - compared to the rest of the sound they're in a different place.
At the end one guitar is just behind the other in the final slide-out, woudl sound better if they were together.

Mj. funny you should say that about the acoustics....they are capo'd at the 2nd fret. BUt you bring up a good point. I could have done similar chords in the open position for the other guitar....hmmm

The final slide is the delay that you're hearing. Thanks for listening.

Rami, my brother from another mother.....apparently....lol.. I hear some similarities, but not a lot...It was funny that so many thought so. Btw I love you drum sound... fantastic! Cheers

Rami, my brother from another mother.....apparently....lol.. I hear some similarities, but not a lot...It was funny that so many thought so. Btw I love you drum sound... fantastic! Cheers

Thanx bro. You're sounding really good, too. It's nice to to hear some good rock still being made. :cool:

Back