Original song - "Just Gettin' By"

Minerman,
It is SOOOOO cool to hear a song from you rather than a tone test and WOW this is sooooo much better than a tone test.
Cool rock.
The intro riff guitar gets buried for a nano second when the other guitar comes in - or maybe I'm ear shot again.
Good job chap - the drums are pretty good given the circumstances - & yeah not being Rami or Greg can be a bummer when you want to rock the rhythm section.

Minerman,
It is SOOOOO cool to hear a song from you rather than a tone test and WOW this is sooooo much better than a tone test.
Cool rock.
The intro riff guitar gets buried for a nano second when the other guitar comes in - or maybe I'm ear shot again.
Good job chap - the drums are pretty good given the circumstances - & yeah not being Rami or Greg can be a bummer when you want to rock the rhythm section.
Thanks Ray!!! I did automate the intro guitar a little in the 2nd mix, but it may not have been enough...

I wanna thank all you guys who've listened/commented/suggested trying to help me out....The 2 big things that worried me about this (like all my songs) were my vocals & fake drums....So, I think there's hope for me using drum vsti's, as I've got a lot of compliments on this song (thanks again guys!!!), which actually surprised the fuck out of me :eek: & I'm gonna make it a point to work on my vocals much, much more...

I also wanna thank Greg & Rami for giving me feedback/help along the way....

Thanks again guys!!!

Listening now...

Sounds pretty freakin' tight. I don't hear a damn thing I could suggest to make it sound better. Rock!

Rock and Roll! Good stuff!

Bass is over punchy. I think get a little more thwack out if by bumping it at 2500 and then bringing the fader down.

Good performances and songwriting.

Whew. This is just great. I love the tune. I feel like I should be standing in a music club with a beer and a smoke (in the early 90's before stupid non-smoking whiners made people stop smoking in bars, airports and elevators - yeah, I was one of those guitar players who more often than not had a lit smoke wedged in my headstock*).

Great tones, and GREAT playing. Really tight. Love the slide. Man, this thing is off the rails if you were to ask me.

No crits, I just wanted to dive in and let you know that I think this is kick ass. Well, okay, maybe, just one tiny crit based on how it's coming through here. Maybe a hair more level on the vocals, or if pushing the level just instantly makes it seem too loud (which I can imagine), maybe making them beefier with a low, slow parallel compressed track would give them just a touch more heft and dominance.

*I'm allow to call them stupid whiners because I am one of those now :)

Maybe a hair more level on the vocals, or if pushing the level just instantly makes it seem too loud (which I can imagine), maybe making them beefier with a low, slow parallel compressed track would give them just a touch more heft and dominance.

This is exactly what I thought, but I stopped myself, but I fully agree the lead vox could come up a db or two

Hey!! This song rocks!! Drums sound great!! Guitars are sweet. Good writing and performance. I listened to the 2nd mix and couldn't find anything worth nitpicking. It's dialed in pretty good.

I'm okay with the singing. Once you get used to your voice, then you won't be so critical of yourself. There were some missed notes/pitchiness, but nothing outside the norm and well within the classic rock level of acceptance. If you want pitch perfect, automized, quantized, robotic vocals, go sing country. lol....

Listening again, yeah the guitar tones are good. Enough variation so the solo lead doesn't step over the rhythms. Cool.

I just came across this today...I haven't scanned the MP3 Clinic in several days.

Anyway...I think it's all been said by others...a solid rocker that has some Alice Copper/ZZ and a few other flavors...at least that's what I'm hearing.

Gee....where did the lyric inspiration come from? ;) :p

Guitar tones are all on the money, solid vocals, and you've got the drums working for you. :thumbs up:
I like the addition of the slide guitar...it takes it to yet another flavor....and yeah, great to hear a new tune from you instead of yet another new tone! :D

Sounds good overall to me, but, and I'm prob all alone here, I'm not getting a certain POW! from the vocal delivery. Just to me, it sounds like it's just sang, but wo ooomph! if that makes sense. Still, rocking as hell, though.

I listened to this tune earlier today, on my phone in my office, while I was at work. I just listened to it on some good speakers. It just a kick ass rock song, that's all there is to it. I'm amazed at how good the drums sound. it's hard to belive they aren't real drums. it thunk the guitar sounds are fantastic! rythym and lead.
But, what truly makes it great is the fact that it is a great well written song.
I realize I'm late for the party and am bumping an older thread but this song deserves a bump!
:)

Very cool guitar tones: just straight up rock there. LP into Marshall, right? How could it not be (ok ... I guess it's possible, but that's what it sounded like). Great vocals and mix in general. I thought the drums sounded great, although I did notice a few tiny little spots here and there where the tightness strayed for a second. But in general, I thought this all sounded really good. Cool tune as well -- nice hook. :)

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the compliments....honestly, I'm surprised you guys bumped this back up, I thought it was gone...

jimistone: Thanks man, it's weird about the Zoom forum, because that place used to be "home" for me, but it's slowly drifted away over time, & has all but dried up...I still have a bunch of buddies there, & I think they should get a lot of credit for helping me along with my recording/mixing skills, a couple guys there in particular...Thanks again!!!

beagle
: The guitar tones are sorta LP > Marshall, it's actually a Ceriatone Chupacabra, which is basically a plexi/super lead with a bunch of Jose mods. Great amp, love it to death....

On the drums, I know I can't fool all the people, but I am pretty damn proud of what I did with this song. It's a far cry from my first drum vsti attempts....And since I mentioned my buddies that helped me along the way, I can't go without mentioning all the guys here in the Tone Thread...From helping me choose what gear I needed to get the sounds I wanted, to the drum programming....Greg_L in particular, I'd never been able to do this without his help along the way....

Thanks for all the kind words guys....

Back