Original Dubstep song.

I think it sounds pretty cool, but for dubstep you want a LOT more kick, don't you? Dubstep is all about the hugely loud percussion, right?

You got some great wobble on the bass...what did you use? is it Massive?

I liked it...theres something wrong with the kick though...I think its a bit woolly...and seems to leave a hole in the lower mids rather than anything filling them...EQ the bass and kick together better and it'll improve, maybe even try a harder chest pounding sample or muck around with the transients on this one

.and seems to leave a hole in the lower mids rather than anything filling them...EQ the bass and k

Yeah that's actually the biggest problem I was having with the headphones I was using. The bass always seems to be wrong. But it's not my final of the song soil work on it. That kick was a serious issue. Haha.

And I used the ES2 synth in logic. It's pretty simple and it has an enormous amount of different sounds.
And the automation functions are easy to use on logic.

thanks for the input! And I'm glad you guys liked it. Ha.

First post- And It can be. Ha. I really don't pay to much attention to genres and subgenres. I know a lot of dubstep is pretty percussion based, and a lot that is straight wobble the whole song. Ha. I prefer a healthy seving of both ;)

I find, and I have trouble with it all the time, that when you are having to spend more than a few minutes getting the kick to sound right its the sample thats the problem and you are prolly best just scraping it...I have around ten mixes all needing revisited when I can be arsed getting round to it lol

I need to delve into logic more...cant remember the last time I even powered my mac on

Ha. Yeah. It wasn't the sound I wanted in the first place. I was looking for a sample that was a bit sharper but still has a good bump to it. I got pretty tired of searching though. Ha. Probably should of just taken the time to find that sound, rather then bending and twisting the one I had.

And I love it. Ha. I might eventually get into Protools. But I love how simple and effective logic can be. Ha

Back