orange + mesa = orgasm

eeb

So I'm starting up a three piece hard rock/indie/metal type band with a few buddies of mine and we had our first jam on saturday.

The guy playing bass is a gear whore for sure. He has his ampeg stack and he also has a triple rectifier with the matching 4x12 and another peavey 4x12 cab.

I'm not a mesa guy. I actually kind of despise mesa but because we're playing music a bit heavier and it's a three piece we decided that I should run my orange rocker 30 combo in stereo with the mesa. I love experimenting with different sounds so i was kinda pumped yet skeptical. So I hooked up my orange to the 4x12 cab and ran the mesa with the orange in stereo. Rolled off the gain on the mesa to about 9 o-clock and holy shit it had to have been the most crushing, mind blowing sound i've heard in my entire life.

First of all it was loud as fuck.. You could feel it in your chest but the tone was that of the gods. (i was playing with my trusty telecaster)

Now i need to save up my money and buy a triple rectifier and 2 4x12 cabs.. dammit :D

it's really no louder than jamming with my other band with 2 guitars.

I think my ears are in love if you ask me

Mesas own. Ignore the stereotype or whatever - one you get one dialed in right, you begin to see why they're so popular.

Mesas own. Ignore the stereotype or whatever - one you get one dialed in right, you begin to see why they're so popular.

Still when I'm using just the mesa I'm not overly crazy about it.. still love my orange tone better (but purely in a personal taste way) They have 2 very very different tones.

The orange is a bit darker and more of an overdrive sound to it.

The mesa has the more modern rock sound.. has a little more high end to it.

I'm just sayin, put them together and it's something else entirely.

Back